The United Way of Greater Fort Dodge is committed to mobilizing the compassion of individuals to bring about positive change in our community and surrounding communities.
The United Way of Greater Fort Dodge strengthens our community by connecting people to meaningful volunteer opportunities and promotes volunteerism as an important and effective way for people to make a real impact in their communities.
The United Way of Greater Fort Dodge supports nonprofit organizations, community causes and events by building partnerships while mobilizing and inspiring volunteers to get involved and lend a helping hand. Some of the organizations and causes include:
- Athletics For Education and Success (AFES)
- Almost Home Human Society of North Central Iowa
- Beacon of Hope Ministries
- Bridging the Gap
- Central Iowa RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program)
- Children & Families of Iowa
- Domestic/Sexual Assault Outreach Center (D/SAOC)
- Fort Dodge Housing Agency
- Fort Dodge Parks & Recreation Department
- Fort Dodge Public Library
- Foster Grandparents
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lord's Cupboard Food Pantry
- Oleson Park Zoo
- Pride in Community Appearance (PICA)
- UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
- UnityPoint Hospice/Paula J. Baber Hospice Home
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
- YWCA Center for Life Empowerment
We are currently in the process of updating and enhancing our volunteer opportunity forms and pages to better serve the community's needs. In the meantime, please contact our receptionist, Tonia Hayes, at 515.955.8800 or email@example.com for more information on these volunteer opportunities and more.